Hello, and welcome back for part 3 of my Sonic Art journey! As promised, I have videos for you this week, and progression of our composition. So lets get started!
Simone Launches into Action
Over the weekend after our last presentation, Simone took her experimentation Chill, and developed it to incorporate vocals, and a stronger verse and chorus:
I then took this piece as my starting point, and bounced the stems from Logic to import them into our project Ableton session. To create the 'ambient' opening we had decided on, I also drew upon my experiment from last fortnight (MusicBox+Wii) to expand on her idea, and yes, I figured out how to automate the mapping.
[In saying that, I still believe something was going wrong, cause while the problem is fixed, looking back on screenshots from my attempts, the button I needed enabled was actually activated; this meant live midi should have been recorded. Chances are I'm missing something but enough time wasted on that, it works, so I'm not going to look it in the mouth (It's easy to see I mainly work in Logic!).]
With the issue resolved, I bounced a test for the others so I could get their opinion on the direction: